Thursday, September 23, 2010

So who WON???

All from my Quadrant, I hope you can see the Winners Cup in between

India is a land of variety, with different languages, religions, geography, lifestyles, and cultures. However we still cling to each other with an indistinguishable frame called Indianism. And this was the theme of the traditional day and Quadrant decoration competition that held in my office on last Friday…

My desk is on the fifth floor at my office and the floor is divided into four quadrants, you can say four rooms probably 5000 sq feet each, with some passages, cabins for higher management, conference halls and meeting rooms collating the four quadrants as one floor. The theme of decoration was four parts of India – East, West, South and North India. My Quadrant was East India, and people here made it so much over-decorated; It appeared to me as so much Jhanky panky... all golden, silver, red, yellow, green, blue… they made it something like the proverb “Leave No stone unturned” as in “Leave no colour unused”… We used all those colorful paper ribbons, netted cloth called as “chunnar”, specific items from East India were pasted on the pillars, we also fashioned a Durga Devi’s mandir which added some extra points and painted a Rangoli on the floor, every desk was ornamented with different flowers, and finally gave it an IT punch with a PPT presentation which was all time running on the 48 inches of Samsung LCD on the wall opposite the entrance door and was screening Unity in Diversity with beautiful pictures and information about East India… Well, Sorry I don’t have any pics clicked of my beautiful quadrant as Cams are not allowed in our office, you know *highly secured area*… :D

All the Quadrants were so marvelously decorated that I assumed them to look like an Indian Bride *Dulhan*, with all that blushing on her face…

Q1 – I called my Quadrant as a South Indian Bride, who wore so much of jewelry that it touched her navel…in short half of her body is glittering with so much of gold, that at the time of wedding, all the attendees would be busy counting how much kilos of gold she is wearing…

Q2 – Quadrant opposite to ours was a Maharashtrian Dulhan for me, born in a middle class family, having jewelry half foot long, just covering her cleavage… (Guess her parents working in my Techm, so the pathetic salary is not allowing them to soak their bride in gold)

Q3 – To its right was surely a wedding in a poor family who earn just to fulfill the 3 basic necessities of life *roti–kapda–makan*… Opps, are we forgetting the fourth necessity s** (plzz wait, don’t go into your dreamy world now, complete my post and then continue with your reverie) So my Q3, it gave the impression that bride’s family is not so well to do and groom’s family did not contributed in the wedding so it was so less decorated. :D (Imagine Bride’s family to be the poor employees like us and the Groom’s family to be the management guys *bade log*)

Q4 – And the last Quadrant was my frv8… it looked like a wedding in Church; Bride dressed up in a attractive white gown… waaoo… it was decorated with different colours of balloons, the colour combination was all decent and classy… you can say Ekta Kapoor’s party decoration theme was used.

So who WON??

Needless to say, Of course it has to be Appu’s Quadrant, right?? East India takes the cup… ha ha… one thing we learn from this incident… If you crave for awards, you need to be more glamorous and expose yourself as much as you can *Guys, don’t take the literal meaning*…

We also had awards for a lady and gentlemen who wore best traditional attire… You are correct, Appu was looking The Best… but she didn’t wear something that would fall under East India… and the award was not for looking stunning but for how authentically you get ready… however both the awards were grabbed by colleagues in my Quadrant… yea, but as to avoid the word partiality, judges made a fare decision by sharing the Gentleman award with a Punjabi dressed up guy from Maharashtrian Bride… So in short all the awards were lined up in Appu’s Quadrant… ha ha… winning gesture for me…

So here are some pics of traditional day, as I told you no camera’s so pics are not that good, however bearable… People having photogenic face would always look good (this is not apne mu miya mitthu)… wink wink…

Its Me...


Winning Lady - Anuja
Winning Guys, to the left from my Q - Swastid

Ethnic Walk ( with no Ramp :(( )

PS. It was all so Fun... A happening break from daily routine... :)

8 comments:

mayank said...

IMPRESSIVE APPU.
and the diffrentiation between the quadrents is great.and i am lucky that I am in APPU"S QUADRENT.
REALLY GOOD THOUGHTS GREAT IMAGINATION OF REPRESENTING THE WHOLE FUNCTION.

Aparana Pitale said...

Heyy... Thanks a lot Mayank... Lucky is me to have such good friend around... :)

Raghu Romeo said...

woaah.....felt as if even I were there.... kya description thi!!.... gajjab....nice to have such detailed first person account yaar....dint know pune campus is so hep(wich also means k jab aap log masti karte ho tab hum log kaam kar rahe hote hain...grrrrr.... )
and and and... the best part.... u dint win the best attire award (despite lukin very much likely fr it ... I honestly admit)... toh itna likh diya..... Wat wud hav happend had u won it :P... scared to even think abt it :D...

and

@ Mayank... yaar kuch apna b blog-vlog banao.... sabki tareef toh karte ho sir... kabhi apni b tareef ka mauka do !! :D

Girish said...

Wow, the description was really good.. I couldn't stop laughing when u compared the quadrants to brides!! rofl.

Too bad the South quadrant didn't win anything (hehe, my side na)!

The winner's costumes are cool, except for that sardarji. He looks like every other Sardar except for that stick & shield (is it?)!

"need to be more glamorous and expose yourself as much as you can!!" hahaha :D
'Don't take the literal meaning' is out of the door! Guys think that only the first time around :P

U look quite good in that saree, but I like your profile pic much more! U look very sassy with loads of attitude in that!
Very cool post :)

Aparana Pitale said...

@ Raghu
Thanks yaa.. Its not the campus, but the people here are so fab.. :D
Woo, if I wud have Won!!! However winning was not my aim; i just wanted to look the Best I can and if I wud have come according to the eastern tradition then probably itne ladko ne mujhe nahi tapa hota... ha ha..
And i had already suggested the same to mayank long back.. :)

Aparana Pitale said...

@ Girish,
Obviously, how would have south Q win, if Appu was not there :)
Yes, the Sardar was not that good, but people would have called it as a cheating if all the awards entirely queued up in my Q. I know it is a common tendency to take literal meaning, and if they don’t, probably they are abnormal.. ha ha..
Thanks again.

pRasad said...

Heyy..Where are you?

Since long time not heard from you.. and I guess I had posted comment for this post ..wondering where it disappeared.. :(

Aparana Pitale said...

Sorry yaar... getting very less time to write... may be ur comment was not posted properly, coz i have not deleted any.. :D