Monday, September 13, 2010

Sorry Day...


Guys,
Today is a Sorry day for us, I mean for all Jains… We ask for forgiveness for all the mistakes done in past one year which might have hurt someone… so here I go –
In Marwadi (my mother tongue) – Bara Minna mai kai bolan chalan mai ayo asnar tar shamayachna, Micchami Dukkdam
In Hindi – Bara mehno mai kuch bolne karne mai aya ho jisse apka dil dukha ho to shamayachna, Micchami Dukkdam
In English – Forgive me if I have hurt you in last twelve months, knowingly or unknowingly...

Last 8 days we were celebrating something that we call as “Paryushan”… In these 8 days we don’t eat anything that grows on trees or underground, we are allowed to eat just some sort of pulses. And our special thingy called Khakra (it’s a kind of hard Roti, difficult to explain). In short, all kind of pathetic Indian food that one can imagine, we were eating for the whole week… Today, lunch – dinner, all the time I had potatoes, yum yum yum… God, I missed it badly… tomorrow McD and day after Dominos and then I would have my stomach full…
Also we do a lot of prayers in these days… Surprisingly but true, I had been doing Pooja in Mandir for 5 days… 5 on 8 not Bad atall… :) But I actually Love doing this Pooja…
Most Jains do fastings (we call it as Vaas), may be for one day, 2 days or for 8 days… this kind of fasting is very difficult, we can’t eat or drink anything for the whole day, except for the boiled water that too just till evening 6pm. I was also fasting on Sunday; this was the biggest day for the fasting this year. The whole Sunday I was waiting for Monday 7am to dawn, so that I can stop my stomach from crying…
I don’t know when I would extend that one day to 8 days… Imagine, Appu not eating anything for 8 days… Phew! Even the imagination is terrible… ha ha ha…
My frndz tell me that rarely they come across species like me and if I go for such fasting, one day discovery channel would send an alarm throughout the world to stop fasting for people like me or the species would get Extinct… Was that hilarious??? Nooo… :(

2 comments:

Arshaj said...

hey this is ery interesting article.... that amount of restriction on the diet is gotto be hard.
yep the ending was hillarious.. but i agree with you. We (the new generation ppl) who eat pizzas and burgers wud definately become extinct:-)..
Regards.
Arsh.

Aparana Pitale said...

Thanks Arshaj... I don't wanna get extinct.. i won't do that ever :D